Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is the data directory for Bankruptcy Pro?

Hi, there! I want to back up client data for Bankruptcy Pro, either on a thumb drive or on the server. (1) Does Bankruptcy Pro have automated backups? (2) If not, can I use a 3rd-party program to back up the data directory and then restore from there in case of corruption or new installation? I want the data backed up daily, not just when it occurs to me to back it up.
Please let me know! Thanks.

Comments

• BobbyBobby Posts: 204
    Hi Steve,

BankruptcyPRO does not have an automatic backup function for the entire database but you can initiate a manual backup from within the program by going to File - Backup/Restore - Backup Data Directory.

You can use a 3rd party product to backup the BankruptcyPRO data automatically by configuring that product to copy the entire BankruptcyPRO data directory folder while users are not in the program. We usually recommend that the automatic backups be set to run early morning while the database files are not in use. Also, you can find the location of the BankruptcyPRO data directory by opening BankruptcyPRO and looking in the lower left hand corner of the program. You should see something like, Data Directory is...

Let us know if you have any questions!