New Version of BankruptcyPRO Available (22.214.171.124)
To download the new version, from the main menu in BankruptcyPRO go to Help - Check for Updates on Web.
Added support for the New Official Forms effective December 1, 2015. To see the new forms before that date, set the "Use Forms As Of" date in the General Information (G button) to 12/1/2015. To force BankruptcyPRO to use the new forms on cases filed before December 1, 2015, set the "Use Forms As Of" date to 12/1/2015. If that date is left blank, BankruptcyPRO will used the forms in effect on the filing date of the case. If there is no filing date, BankruptcyPRO will look at the system date to determine what forms to use.
Here are some of the changes to be aware of:
- For Joint filings, separate checkboxes for Venue for Debtor 1 and Debtor 2.
- New Option for Debts are Primarily "Other".
- New tab for Sole Proprietor.
- New tab for Hazardous Property. This used to be Exhibit C.
- New options on the Tenant tab.
- New address format for some data entry windows (example: Hazardous Property) NOTE: If you see boxes that look like City, State and Zip Code, you can still used the Z feature (z+zip code) in an address line or the City box to have BankruptcyPRO pull in the City, State and Zip Code for you.
- Form now wants Value of Debtors interest and if the debtor(s) portion is not 100% then you will need to enter the total value in the "Value of Entire Property" field.
- New checkboxes related to type of property.
- New field for street address of property.
- Who owns the debt is now Debtor 1, Debtor 2, etc. instead of Husband, Wife, etc.
- The numbering on the asset categories has changed. BankruptcyPRO will convert the asset categories if case was created prior to 12/1/15. We recommend you check them because there is not always a one-to-one mapping.
- Your default exemptions will remain as long as the exemption scheme did not change.
Statement of Financial Affairs (SOFA)
- There are new data fields in Executory Contracts.
- You can now add a codebtor to an Executory Contract.
- BankruptcyPRO will not be able to convert answers in the SOFA dialog from the old forms to the new forms. On Print, Misc. there is an option to print the Old Statement of Financial Affairs to make it easier for you to re-enter the answers.
- Questions changed.
- We pull the marital status from general information for Question 1.
- We detect if the debtor(s) have lived in a community property state for question 3. This can be overriden if necessary.
- Question 4: New data entry window regarding income for the past 3 years. (This used to be Question 1).
- Question 12 is a simple checkbox.
- Enabled Federal exemptions in Oregon.
- Updated South Dakota exemptions.